Elena Fernández-Collins is a podcast critic and reporter and a forensic sociolinguist living in Portland, OR. She curates a biweekly newsletter about audio fiction, Audio Dramatic, where she reviews episodes and provides essays and news for the community. She also covers the audio fiction podcast beat for The Bello Collective, an indie online publication about podcasting. In the time that she’s not trying to promote audio fiction and indie creators in the podcasting sphere, she’s working on a linguistics thesis about non-native English speaker comprehension of the Miranda rights in the United States.
She started writing about podcasts on Twitter in 2017 and became deeply involved with the audio fiction community, before transitioning to formal reviews and reporting at the Bello Collective in 2018. There, she received the support and honing of her craft that she needed to start her own website and expand her repertoire.
Where to Find Elena
- You can support at her ko-fi page.
- Links can be found at topmost right
- You can also find her active in a few Discord servers:
- Wil Williams’ Podcast Problems
- Alba Salix (Patreon only)
- Gavin Gaddis’ The Pod Report
- What’s the Frequency
- The Bello Collective
- Discover Pods
- International Podcast Month
- Podcast Movement 2018: Blowing Up the Imaginary Barriers: An Brief Overview of Audio Fiction Podcasting
- Tuned In, Dialed Up, Episode 8: Engaging Community (guest), Episode 15: Ethics in Podcasting (co-host)
- Radio Drama Revival, Episode 496: Love and Luck, co-host
- Ostium Podcast, IPM 2018 Special Episode, Pizza Delivery Gal
- How To Listen to Music in the 22nd Century, #4.2 A Package Arrives, Part Three; Self
- International Podcast Day 2018: Audio Fiction as a Diverse Gateway to Podcasting
- Austin Film Festival 25
- PodCon 2
Header and logo created by Renee Robertson.